“Over 67% of the websites lost ranks and traffic had been neutralized to the base point”. According to Q4 SEO Research Insights, LeadMirror.
While the algorithm is getting better every time, there are more qualitative insights are being gathered from various metrics. Speaking of SEO insights only those who deeply understand & can anticipate user needs can rank better.
Now let’s dive into some critical insights gathered from multiple SEO optimizations till date:-
Schema Structure – Rank Zero & Knowledge Graph
- In early 2019, we have seen increased mobile responsive websites and fast loading webpages as google considered these as priority indexing. On top of it, Google also started to show rich snippets that provide simple & straight to the point information at a glace to help users to find what they are looking for without effort.
- This is when most of the schema properties had come to existence. Considering 60% of the websites have an e-commerce framework that helped crawler to show product details as a snippet box consists of primary details like product name, product type, product rating, and product price.
Now from the experiments made by LeadMirror growth hackers using different schema properties for every page resulted in game-changer.
As you can see our website search results in the above figure, google updated relevant pages for the user to understand his purpose of search rather than showing non-relevant pages.
Having separate schema for important pages with specific tags helped crawler rank pages faster and push the ranks to the top.
Crawler Indexing – Rendering Html
- Without indexing, no webpage will rank in search results. On this note, we must check how every individual page of your website is being crawled by spyder (Google bot). This helps in understanding how crawler is perceiving your page as, which results in quality ranking.
While the page is being loaded your initial HTML is getting rendered for the crawler, which has limited information about the page ( View page source ). At the second stage of rendering, the crawler can see the complete rendered page with structural and context details. Problem with second stage rendering is there may be response errors for every request made, this impacts crawling mechanism and results in skipping the indexing of the page.
So always choose which part of your code should get rendered initially for the crawler to understand the intent & context of the page.
Know-how is your page being crawled and identifies errors with LeadMirror 360 SEO Audit and get insights and suggestions to make your ranks go up.
Google Analytics – UTM Tracking
“A UTM code is a snippet of sample code that you can add to the end of a URL to track the performance of campaigns and content” Source: Google
Now many of you might have been running multiple digital marketing campaigns several times but did you really track or measure how those campaigns are performing? If yes, did you know from which source most of the traffic came from or leads generated?
Unless you have data for these questions, you will always rely on false-positive data which is not admissable for long-term branding and optimization.
Google UTM builder tool allows you to generate utm links by having separate campaign names, campaign source and other relevant parameters to track the right source. This will help you track and monitor traffic coming to your website and make informed decisions for your SEO.
The results we observed by considering the above insights were too profitable that we thought. Analyzing insights like this helped us to forecast the trends for the year 2020, which may boost your website performance online.
1.Optimize content for topics not for the keywords
- If you have been in SEO for any amount of time, you know that keywords have always played a major role in the success metrics of the discipline. That’s why it’s so common to hear so many discussions about keywords and keyword analysis while talking to someone about SEO.
- While I think that keywords are still relevant for assessing the success of a web, I think that the keyword-focused approach is being modified.
You may be wondering at this point what the difference is between the subject and the keyword, especially given that I just stated that keywords are still an important part of the SEO puzzle.
In my way of thinking, the subject is a more systematic approach to “keyword research.”
A subject may be made up of a number of relevant words and questions that may fall into different areas of the purchaser’s journey.
Smaller sites, especially local businesses, may only need a piece of educational / early-funnel content that also points to content that describes the services or products provided to solve the problem or the needs of the customer/user
2. E-A-T – Not for your rescue.
- In 2020, Google will continue to look at the overall reputation and E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritative, and Trustworthiness) of a given company and the individuals who publish content on behalf of that company, said Lily Ray, SEO Director, Path Interactive.
- According to experts at LeadMirror, Google’s effort to better understand the origins of news stories, sources, and references in major papers and academic studies were to open nofollow as a clue.
3. Mobile SEO – Responsive to your users
- Nearly any prospect who visits our shop has a mobile site that is a mess. “It’s necessary to implement 2017 strategies and patch your smartphone to succeed in 2020.”
“Create mobile-first pages, and make them device friendly”
All of your online reporting must be a focus for displaying insights into your mobile output. Now try to understand your user flow while using the mobile most rather than considering desktop as a priority.
Now that we have seen key takeaways for SEO 2020, you should also consider revamping your SEO strategy adapting to the latest SEO techniques. First and foremost let us consider the credibility of your website, while this has been a hard nut to crack but Google made it clear that SEO positions significantly increase when a website has high authority and linking from other websites.
As Google started releasing more algorithm updates from 2019 Q4, there has been a lot of decline rate in SEO ranks for top-ranking websites as a part of relevancy-priority. In this regard, many websites started working around on-page SEO to maintain user-likeable pages and improve ranks.
From Q4 2019, Our growth hackers at LeadMirror figured the important metrics & optimization approaches to rank faster in 2020
Decreasing Bounce Rate:
- This is an undeniable metric for every SEO marketer & developer to monitor every small change made in landing pages. Over time, we observed consistent ranks improving while decreasing the bounce rate. For your SEO 2020 strategy now you can focus more on organic SEO & technical aspects of every page on your website.
- Now with LeadMirror 360 Audit Report, you can have in-depth functional & technical SEO audit https://leadmirror.com/tool/seo-report
Average Session Duration
- While youtube monetization relies on average users watch time, even google perceives a page as trust-worthy, when that page has an average session duration of >2 min. This also helps you understand whether visitors of your page has an easy path to explore every entity on that page.
- As a good practice, it is better to have relevant pages as internal links and up to 5 links are seen as an ideal internal linking structure.
Real-time Meta Changes
- Meta will be important now & always as it guides crawler to read and understand what is the page is all about, there are notable algorithm updates at the beginning of 2020 and one of the important aspects to consider for maintaining a well-structured page is to structure your meta with trending customer search terms and queries.